PDA

View Full Version : andrevs made me laugh so hard with this one...

Jeff Martin
April 23rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
coach posted the following:

Saw this wondering what others thoughts are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Uymsv7L2PJA#!

andrevs's reply:

Coach, are you trying to get Kelvin to slit his wrists?
That guy has got no idea at all of how the body should move during the swing. What he does have is the gift of the gab; he could probably sell anything to anybody!
Having said that, my thinking used to be just as limited until I started studying Kelvin's work!

A

Anyway, I thought it was funny.

Jeff

KubaLibre
May 4th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I am very appreciated

handwedge
May 18th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I am very appreciated

ah finally something that is workable..nicely explained

Justin Tang
May 18th, 2012, 09:40 PM
It's all about marketing.

Mystic
May 19th, 2012, 02:37 PM
You guys are hilarious!

When you get a clue and a full teaching schedule, we could discuss this as long as you want

Robin Cocq
May 19th, 2012, 05:43 PM
while we're not on the same page, at least everybody is having fun

Justin Tang
May 19th, 2012, 09:30 PM
You guys are hilarious!

When you get a clue and a full teaching schedule, we could discuss this as long as you want

Hi Nick,

Could you explain how a "full teaching schedule" represents valid information as well as the merits of your teaching philosophy. Just want to be sure that there are no spurious correlations here.

What I am saying is this...if I were a paying student, besides showing me a full schedule as a reason to buy lessons, is there a more solid reason? I have removed my earlier reference to you being a substance abuser.

Thanks.

Jeff Martin
May 19th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Nick-

Full teaching schedule? Blind leading the blinder. I have taken lessons from top-10 instructors, Hall of Famers, PGA National Teachers of the Year, blah, blah, blah.

When I get around to writing my book about fraud in golf instruction, I'll be sure to mention you.

Warm regards,

Jeff

Justin Tang
May 20th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Hi Nick,

Could you explain how a "full teaching schedule" represents valid information as well as the merits of your teaching philosophy. Just want to be sure that there are no spurious correlations here.

What I am saying is this...if I were a paying student, besides showing me a full schedule as a reason to buy lessons, is there a more solid reason? I have removed my earlier reference to you being a substance abuser.

Thanks.

Nick,

Can you clarify why doesn't your hips horizontal tug as much in your actual swing than it does at 1:40 of the clip?
Were you trying to demonstrate a "soft" shot as opposed to a full powered one?

I agree that horizontal tugging makes it very easy, (though perhaps not optimal) to hit a golf ball since one is essentially moving the low point of the golf swing forward = equivalent to playing the ball off the back foot; what are the ramifications of such a technique with the long irons, fairway woods and driver?

I am thinking low zingers?
Has that been your experience?
Do you have a down the line view of this demonstration?

Mystic
May 20th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Jeffy, you're a class act. Are you upset that you're still a 15 handicap after seeing all those teechers? Perhaps it's you and not the information because the more I read your rants and raves on here the more Im seeing that you're just an angry guy with a forum full of his buddies - or you each have 2 login names and you're talking to yourself to make this place seem interesting.

I personally dont care what you think of me or the video. The fact that you have a subsection bashing a certain top 100 teacher is a disservice to the instruction world and as such can I ask you to delete me, ban me, and even forget me because this is helping no one.

Please make sure you spell my name right in your book - angry golf instruction by dummies - because "Blinder" is not a word and based on your posts, you seem to be just shy of a gr9 education.

I won't be back.

Justin Tang
May 20th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Jeffy, you're a class act. Are you upset that you're still a 15 handicap after seeing all those teechers? Perhaps it's you and not the information because the more I read your rants and raves on here the more Im seeing that you're just an angry guy with a forum full of his buddies - or you each have 2 login names and you're talking to yourself to make this place seem interesting.

I personally dont care what you think of me or the video. The fact that you have a subsection bashing a certain top 100 teacher is a disservice to the instruction world and as such can I ask you to delete me, ban me, and even forget me because this is helping no one.

Please make sure you spell my name right in your book - angry golf instruction by dummies - because "Blinder" is not a word and based on your posts, you seem to be just shy of a gr9 education.

I won't be back.

Another one bites the dust...

Jeff Martin
May 21st, 2012, 01:35 PM

I won't be back.

Nick-

The "instruction world" generally is a disgrace. This site is intended as a service to the consumers of golf instruction, not the charlatans providing it.

I wonder how much handicaps would go up if all "top-100" instructors were banned from teaching? In fact, I bet golfers as a whole would get better if they did the exact opposite of what "top-100" instructors teach. That would certainly be true in your case!

Jeff

AAA
May 21st, 2012, 06:26 PM
In the investment world, an iconic book asked, "Where are the customer's yachts?" I would pose the same question for golf pros. Let's see the adults you turned from shooting 100 to single digit handicaps. Is that really such an impossible task for people who, as a group, tend to be as arrogant and self-important as any of the professions requiring years of graduate study?

Obviously, I exempt Kelvin from this. He is in a class by himself. You can't read his articles and not improve.

Justin Tang
May 22nd, 2012, 05:06 AM
In the investment world, an iconic book asked, "Where are the customer's yachts?" I would pose the same question for golf pros. Let's see the adults you turned from shooting 100 to single digit handicaps. Is that really such an impossible task for people who, as a group, tend to be as arrogant and self-important as any of the professions requiring years of graduate study?

Obviously, I exempt Kelvin from this. He is in a class by himself. You can't read his articles and not improve.

Interesting you mention Fred Schwed Jr, I was just reading a book by Larry Swedroe "What Wall Street DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW" which quotes Fred.
Perhaps someone should come out and write a book on golf instructors with the same intention.

The knowledge that Kelvin has and the time taken to amass and understand it would probably form the base of a proper "Golf Instructional Certificate" course.

Imagine what your offspring would become if they were taught by teachers who were self anointed / appointed; could only teach you what a machine said and, based his authority on the fact that a scientist acquiesced with them. :rolleyes:

In the investment world, one must complete exams successfully to be certified fit and proper to provide investment advise.

If the investment world followed the standards of the golf instructional world, then merely being able to count well would qualify one to be an investment adviser.

...and going into McDonald's would make one a Big Mac.

jackjames
May 23rd, 2012, 02:17 AM
So hilarious...jhaahahah

FeSantacl
June 1st, 2012, 09:59 AM
I'm new here , nice thread!