PDA

View Full Version : Trackman vs Flightscope X2

Matt Jordan
June 21st, 2013, 12:19 AM
Jeffy,
Have you compared the two units and, if so, would you mind reporting your findings regarding accuracy, ease of use, pros/cons, etc.? Thanks.

Jeff Martin
June 21st, 2013, 10:09 AM
Jeffy,
Have you compared the two units and, if so, would you mind reporting your findings regarding accuracy, ease of use, pros/cons, etc.? Thanks.

Nope, never laid eyes on a Flightscope.

Jeff

Richie Hunt
June 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
I can say that from the people I've talked to, they really like the X2 now over Trackman.

I'm pretty sure the Golf Evolution guys tested both out with the Phantom Camera and concluded that the X2 was superior in terms of accuracy and consistency. That's why they sold their Trackman to Jeffy.

I also know that with the X2 you can hit off the grass and it has no problem reading it. I was at Reunion Resort a month ago and one person there was using the X2 on the range and was hitting balls off the grass without any issue of the X2 reading the data.

I've heard that most people prefer the Trackman interface, but the X2 is better if you use an iPad with it. And of course, there's the glaring difference in price.

3JACK

Matt Jordan
June 21st, 2013, 07:20 PM
Richie,
Are you still working on MORAD? I think I'm going to try to start working with John Dochety and I've seriously been considering purchasing an X2 so I can track my progress, confirm my numbers, and get my spin rates and yardages consistent. I like the ability to track ballflight and recognize patterns, but the club data, specifically face to path and angle of attack is what I'm primarily interested in. It would also be nice to use into a net in the backyard when I can't get to the range. Any thoughts?