Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rocking back to the top!!! A chronology...

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I do 5-10 lessons a day 6 days a week, I never had a mentor to learn from, which looking back may have been good depending on the mentor. I have made my fair share of mistakes. I have learned on my own, spent time this last winter with a lot of good instructors, world famous ones at times, learned something from all of them. Seen Brian teach, he is a good instructor as good as most, seen Kelvin teach and was impressed with his results. Wish I could have had time to pick his brain and talk swing but he was busy with paying customers. I really am looking forward to spending more time with Chris Como this winter talking swing. I Hit balls with Jeff for 3 days, filming, talking, and enjoyed it . I have yet to see anyone who puts more time and more work into their practice than Jeff. If I was gonna take a lesson there are probably a few I would go to, top on that list would be Lucas, and in the top group would be Tyler, and Ryan Cheney. I am in very beginning stages of trying to get something going with Andrea here in America that could be big. Anyways I really don't care if they attack me, anyone who knows my life story knows some silly golf instructors on forums behind keyboards saying stuff is not even worth thinking about. What they do is of zero concern to me. I just keep plugging along, I use what I need to use to make my student a little better.

I know I'd like to have a beer or three with Ryan. Tyler seems like a nice guy, too.

Jeff

Hall of Fame post Clay
    The key issue is how one swings the club for impact. You can hit good shots and bad shots and still have normal force. Just because you went normal and/or your hand path goes upwards and inwards does not mean that you will have tour quality impact conditions. One can shout and scream all they want about going normal and hand path but if you can't explain how one should use their body to get tour quality impact then you are missing a big piece of instruction for your students. The hand path and normal are mainly effects, not causes.

Now what is the best way to understand how tour players get their great impact? You study the best ballstrikers. Science cannot tell you on its own how to swing a club. It must model something.

Brianmanzella.com death watch...

So, does this make it official? One week since there was a post of any kind (by Brian, about one of his golf schools) and almost two weeks since there was a post in a golf-instruction related thread...

official.PNG

RIP.

Jeff

Doesn't he have a new website that people pay for? Golf wise guys or something. Who knows and who cares but he has to keep reinventing himself because of all of his antics. The Facebook forums are really dumb now, talking about meaningless things and coming up with arbitrary questions to keep the discussion about science alive. Glad I found Kelvin and his research before I got caught up in the "science."

Lloyd Higley Guest
    K.C. the forums do have some good stuff. Just have to talk privately to a lot of the guys and know which ones to talk to. You would be surprised how many of those guys read and like Kelvins stuff but never admit it on forum, including many of the top posters. The science has its place just like different methods have some good parts, I don't close my mind to anything unless its complete gibberish. Jezz i even use some of Brians stuff, I actually gave a lady the business tonight....

Coach I agree with you but Chertock is sure posting a lot of meaningless questions or it seams that way to me. There are a few good topics. I guess I did sound like there wasn't anything good. When Finney and Brian interject (mostly Finney) the thread goes to shit IMO. It's the same old stuff with them.

K.C. the forums do have some good stuff. Just have to talk privately to a lot of the guys and know which ones to talk to. You would be surprised how many of those guys read and like Kelvins stuff but never admit it on forum, including many of the top posters. The science has its place just like different methods have some good parts, I don't close my mind to anything unless its complete gibberish. Jezz i even use some of Brians stuff, I actually gave a lady the business tonight....

Nursing homes aren't safe anywhere...

Jeff

Lloyd Higley Guest
    Your right Jeff. As far as the forums they keep beating the same topics. Instructors who hate science and technology, COP/COM, going normal, ....

Only for a good gum job!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Martin View Post
    Nursing homes aren't safe anywhere...

Jeff

Still rockin over on bazmanzella forum !

Well, I guess this REALLY makes it official....

The Land of the Blind is dead and buried. Tiger's split with Foley was announced this morning, and the reaction over there has been, shall we say, muted. As in not a single new thread or post. Nothing, nada, zero, zip. By this time a year or two ago, how many posts would there be calling for Tiger to hire Bman? A lot. As John Wilkes Booth famously said: "Sic sempre tyrannus!"

official.PNG

Rest in peace.

Jeff

The hardened disciples are dazed and confused.

Oh, never mind...

Rocking back to the top, baby!!!

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 9.50.20 PM.png

hmmmm... Now, why does that sound familiar???

Jeff

How do you know when Manzella Is lying?

I believe he went to Poland to seek out Dariusz