Thread: BioSwing Dynamics

BioSwing Dynamics

http://www.golfwrx.com/181715/biomec...t-swing-plane/

I can't see how those measurements they do have anything to do with what they say?

I was introduced to this "theory" by Mike Adams a couple of years ago. After reading the materials he gave me, and discussing it with Kel, I think it is primarily a marketing concept.

The hardest thing in golf instruction is to get mature players to make meaningful changes in their movements. The exception might be the rare gifted athletes, but my experience is golfers either develop good swings as teenagers or they never do.

Maybe as a result of this challenge to make meaningful changes, or just lack of time or laziness, most mature golfers don't want to change their swing. They just want to play better with the swing they have. Jim Hardy at his seminars talked about one particularly challenging type of student in this category: a player who maybe one evening hit every shot perfect on the range, then went out and shot his best nine-hole round ever. That student is convinced he has a good swing: he knows it is good because it produced all those good shots that one evening! And he just wants the teacher to tell him how to produce those kind of results more often. But don't change my swing!

To address this target audience, Mike and E.A. developed the perfect "pitch": "We don't try to teach students some pre-conceived 'correct swing'; your body determines your swing!" Then it becomes real easy. You tell the student: "It isn't your fault you can't make a decent looking swing: it's because your body isn't built for that kind of swing! Your body REQUIRES that your swing be butt ugly: it is the right swing for you!"

Then you can give "lessons" where you really don't have to try to change anything. Just massage the student's ego and, hopefully, tell lot's of good stories. That's Mike's formula to keep them coming back.

Jeff

Just saw this...

When I wrote the post above, I hadn't seen this; I had just heard the pitch. What a blatant come on.

Name:  it chooses you.PNG
Views: 1156
Size:  562.6 KB

Jeff

But I guess Mike and E.A. are just following a time-honored tradition...

Name:  70s - 1.PNG
Views: 1042
Size:  683.1 KB

Jeff