Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeah, what are the odds against that happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Martin View Post
    LMFAO I just watched this , that is Manzabbles !

Quote Originally Posted by dooku View Post
    Well well looks like art is brown nosing I wonder where como got his kwon como pivot ideas from? Rhetorical question
    And now manzoobabbles pushing up to the left ear is a perfect swing thought , your kidding yourselves . If your in the wrong position with your body and club it could be a disaster

Originally Posted by Kevin Shields
    When people who want students to ER, IR, second fire, and any combo of 50 micro moves ask how do you push up toward the left ear it's a new level of funny. Just like my kids, when they don't want to admit anything, they just try to make fun of the other person to get away from the topic.

Dear Michael and Kevin,

As you probably know, my efforts to have a constructive exchange with him failed AGAIN. 'Shame on me' for trying a second time, but "If at first you don't succeed...." dominates my efforts in most everything, especially when it involves others in seeking truth.

So, Art, in your mind, your efforts "failed AGAIN" because I didn't agree with you that pivoting around the left leg was a good idea to promote??? Well, guilty as charged! Obviously, I'm a terrible person!

The application of that exchange to this thread is the observation that IMO, 'the second fire' and 'pushing up towards the left ear MAY be the same thing, one an accident waiting to happen, and the other a planned and proper instruction to help golfers improve.

At any rate, this possible coincidence is 'scientifically' humorous to me because the 'second fire' is really just MASSIVELY PUSHING UP TOWARDS THE LEFT EAR, and causes significant dynamic instabilities from seeking ONLY distance and increased club head speed. It is therefore the higher ( and IMO the improper) objective of power at the expense of balance, accuracy, and of MOST IMPORTANCE for less skilled golfers, PROBABLE back injury.

OK, let's test this theory, Art. First, there is no "pushing up" in the second fire: there is extension of the hips and knees which push DOWN into the ground.

Second, for a two-legged golfer, in a proper second fire the lead hip is pushed AWAY from the target, so the player rotates and gets into position for a stable drive/hold release, to promote accuracy. If the the player just pushes straight up, toward the left ear, they will jump/stall/flip, like Lexi Thompson. Although Lexi "makes it work" on the LPGA tour, where the competition is weak, we don't think that is the optimal way to play the game, and the PGA Tour hall-of-fame agrees with us.

On the other hand, in Brian's description/instruction of pushing up towards the left ear, this is the controlled way of developing lower body dynamic stability while maximizing the parametric/axial acceleration contribution to distance and club head speed, the proper, desirable and realistic characteristics of professional teaching that all golf students need and deserve.

OK, below are links to Kelvin's, Lucas's and Andre van Staden's Youtube channels, with many case studies of their students. Please identify for us the students who suffer from "significant dynamic instabilities from seeking ONLY distance and increased club head speed...at the expense of balance, accuracy, and of MOST IMPORTANCE for less skilled golfers, PROBABLE back injury".

https://www.youtube.com/user/speedchain111

https://www.youtube.com/user/AntiFlipGolf

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLH...ZvQLwvo4n0ZuQA

Also, please link to case studies of Brian Manzella Golf Academy students who have incorporated the "push up toward the left ear" instruction and transformed their games.

Art, I gave you free rein here to present your case, and you act like a spoiled adolescent because I don't agree 100% with your theories (you will recall that I have endorsed your notion of right hip/leg stability, which is a cornerstone of Kelvin's instruction). You are, plain and simple, a narcissist, just like your new best friend Brian Manzella. Best of luck in your pursuit of "golf truth", it will be a very long journey.

Sincerely and appreciatively,

Jeff

Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 11.33.49 AM.png

Hey, Mike, if you want us to be able to see your picture, you can't embed it.

Also, your new BFF believes there are "several 'firings'". Now you can have a field day mocking him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post

I now believe that there are several 'firings' during the golf swing,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Martin View Post
    Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 11.33.49 AM.png

Hey, Mike, if you want us to be able to see your picture, you can't embed it.

Jeff
    I am able to see the picture. I just had to wait a while.......

Now, who's the intellectual midget???

No matter how hard he tries, the light bulb never goes off for Mike Finney...

Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 11.37.08 AM.png

The videos of Jamie and Lucas on their knees showed swings powered primarily by the spine engine, because the glutes couldn't be used to extend the hips much, if at all, greatly limiting the magnitude of the second fire. And, in these swings, it is the movements of the spine engine that are directing the forces down through the thighs to the ground, creating rotation, not movements of the knees driving from the ground up.

With his perplexing comment about the one-legged golfers, Mike seems to not realize that the second fire, which I emphasize in both cases, creates EXACTLY the "COM/CCOP movements and relationships that will assist rotational movement". In any case, it is nice that Mike acknowledges that the second fire does, indeed, facilitate rotation, although with a one-legged golfer it will be mostly, if not all, upper body rotation, around the horizontal or x-axis, not lower body rotation, around the vertical or y-axis.

I guess if Mike had just read Kelvin's articles, he would have understood this years ago. But, I guess they are too difficult for The Land of the Blind (braille versions maybe? audio books?).

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Lifter View Post
    I am able to see the picture. I just had to wait a while.......

You need to be a member and sign in to see it.

Jeff

Well, this is a persuasive argument...

Wow, now here is an overwhelming argument...

Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 6.34.47 PM.png

I guess it is a good thing he isn't!

Uh, btw, how effective is "push up toward your left ear" standing on ice?

Mike Finney doesn't have the slightest understanding of Gracovetsky's spinal engine theory, yet, like the genuine fool he is, he feels qualified to criticize it. Mike, your new BFF Art is a self-professed "fan" of Dr. Gracovetsky and, his follower, Dr. Erik Dalton (another of those PhD's you guys love so much!). Why don't you ask Art, nicely, to explain the spinal engine theory to you? In the meantime, here is a brief overview, prepared by Dr. Dalton:

http://erikdalton.com/spinal-engine-...of-locomotion/

Jeff

And the arguments get ever more powerful, and more eloquent...

Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 8.21.46 PM.png

Geez, Mike! You're another William Jennings Bryan! Were you captain of the debate team at West Bumfuck High?

Jeff

Just in case Finney forgot where that was

West Bumfuck
    referring to a town or village that is far removed from society
    "Whats the name of that town? West Bumfuck?"

Poor guy keeps repeating himself...

Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 11.31.09 PM.png

Tell me, Einstein, what power source would allow you to hit it very far kneeling or standing on ice? You are making an "ignoratio elecnchi". Look it up.

Mike, go talk to your BFF Art (who is a fan of Dr. Dalton), he'll explain the spinal engine theory to you, so long as you agree with him that BBKIB is the holy grail which will lead all to golf nirvana...

Jeff

Another surprise for Finney, Shields and Manzella...

Their new BFF Dr. Art Maffei endorses Kelvin's "over 100" micro moves, multiple fires and Dr. Gracovetsky's spinal engine theory:

Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 11.57.14 AM.png

Pass the smelling salts...

Jeff

A vivid look at Finney's ignorance of the spinal engine theory...

I had this amusing exchange with Mike Finney last night on Facebook messenger:

Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 11.43.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 11.44.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 11.45.06 AM.png

Mike, the spine engine theory doesn't posit that salamanders "levitate", or that golfers using the spine engine don't generate ground reaction forces. Where do you get these ideas?

BTW, Lucas had a good suggestion. Let's see a video of you trying to hit a ball off your knees without engaging the spine engine, i.e., without any lateral bend. Good luck and be sure to use an old club.

Jeff

Heard from Mike again this afternoon. Big Memorial Day BBQ at the Finney's. Mike was busy frying up some West Bumfuck flying salamanders (they're slow and easy to catch). Said they go great with squirrel...

Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 11.14.06 PM.png

Jeff

I knew I had this saved somewhere...

spine engine.PNG

Mike, going forward, please direct all your questions regarding the spinal engine theory, Dr. Gracovetsky and Dr. Dalton to Dr. Art Maffei. Thanks!

BTW, how was the squirrel and salamanders? Everyone get enough?

Jeff