Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Modern pitching mechanics" and the epidemic of arm injuries in American baseball

Yep, Lucas was texting me while watching this. Wanted to throw up while listening to House.

Jeff

House was just on 60 Minutes Sports. I'll give House credit though when he said that even if the Majors start collecting data they might not know how to interpret it.

I'm also not sure it's fair to compare a current major leaguer to the old school pitchers. What's the difference among their youth experience? I suspect there is only so much "in the tank" to throw a baseball very fast. Seems like a lot of non-baseball variables at play such as time, use, body make up, etc.

BTW - I'm not a baseball guy and would prefer the sport not take up time on SportsCenter.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Davidson View Post
    House was just on 60 Minutes Sports. I'll give House credit though when he said that even if the Majors start collecting data they might not know how to interpret it.

I'm also not sure it's fair to compare a current major leaguer to the old school pitchers. What's the difference among their youth experience? I suspect there is only so much "in the tank" to throw a baseball very fast. Seems like a lot of non-baseball variables at play such as time, use, body make up, etc.

BTW - I'm not a baseball guy and would prefer the sport not take up time on SportsCenter.

Read the linked articles in this thread:

http://jeffygolf.com/showthread.php?...2724#post12724

Jeff