Thread: Move the Middle - Kinematic Sequence - GRF

Move the Middle - Kinematic Sequence - GRF

Interesting article for everyone to read about the kinematic sequence and other biomechanical ideas. The author does not believe that everything starts from the ground up and explains how people incorrectly interpret Newton's Third Law when it comes to GRF.

http://bestperformancegroup.com/?page_id=475

Patrick Cherveny is the author?

I guess since the article is on his website. I never quite understood why people think golf starts from the ground up and now I know why. I also now know why when instructors claim just change your vector how they miss the core to change the vector instead of just trying to do it with leg pressure. No wonder batters don't magically hit better with "squish the bug" in baseball. I have yet to hear a scientist reference the earth's infinite mass in the GRF debate.

Wow!

Human motion does NOT start from the ground and work up the body.
    Human load or energy creation does NOT start from the ground and work up the body.

Lukman Ahmed Guest
    Thanks, Clay. Good read, for sure.

Jeff gets the credit in the end. Lloyd got it from Jeff and I got it from Lloyd. I thought it deserved a lot more attention.

And I got it from Doug Marsh. So, Kel gets the credit for finding Doug and introducing him to us!

Jeff

Lukman Ahmed Guest
    Have y'all read about his time with Callaway? Wow.