Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Finney

Lloyd Higley Guest
    LOL, thats too funny. Finney, I truly believe, is mentally unsound, and hope one day he gets some help for his illness.

I know this bothers Finney since he reads every single post here. But, I just picked up 2 huge, high earnings clients in the past week. And I got those clients thru word of mouth from Tour clients of mine. So, I'm still wondering how my 'association' with Jeff has adversely affected my 'stats career.' Or that 'hurdle' of showing that Heath Slocum has been one of the top drivers on Tour over the years.

Just because Mark Broadie claims differently doesn't automatically mean he's right. Even Dr. Broadie will tell you that. I know that Finney has discussed golf science with Slocum's coach, Mark Blackburn. And I know that Mark thinks that Heath's driving has been the least of his problems over the years. But, he may be interested in your belief that Heath is not a good driver of the ball. Just another instructor that you can backstab, again. That's why nobody wanted to talk to Finney at Miller's Ale House outside of Matt Kluck, myself, Jeff, Lucas and Victor. He's a very petty man upset at the world that he works at a 9-hole course.

This is the same guy that does not understand what puffery is. As the definition states for puffery...no reasonable person would take it literally. Hence, he's not a reasonable person.

That's why I posted examples, like Snickers having a 'you're not yourself without Snickers' and turning a person into Johnny Manziel. Or the old Mars bar tagline of 'a Mars a day will help you rest, work and play.' Given that he has to sell a lot of candy bars, I thought that would make sense to him.

But, as the definition for puffery states...you have to be a reasonable person, first to understand what puffery is.

It's the ole 'if he thinks I'm wrong, then I don't wanna be right' scenario.

3JACK

Lloyd Higley Guest
    I truly mean it when I say there is something not right with the guy. Shame too because most of the instructors I talk to have gotten over their differences , he is just obsessed with Jeff, when in all honesty nothing Kelvin, Lucas, and Jeff has said and like in the golf swing isn't much different than what Brian likes. Keep up the good work Rich, thankfully Finney is a non person in the golf coaching world. Oh by the way my business just keeps getting better too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Higley View Post
    I truly mean it when I say there is something not right with the guy. Shame too because most of the instructors I talk to have gotten over their differences , he is just obsessed with Jeff, when in all honesty nothing Kelvin, Lucas, and Jeff has said and like in the golf swing isn't much different than what Brian likes. Keep up the good work Rich, thankfully Finney is a non person in the golf coaching world. Oh by the way my business just keeps getting better too.
    Tell me about it. What Mike Finney and Jeff Mann have in common is utter indifference not only to the truth, but to being caught lying!

The other day, Finney posted something on Facebook about how, at the the PGA show, he told me "to my face" that I hadn't been right about "anything" for four years, or something like that. What he doesn't say is that I replied "OK, list them. Other than the hip decel, what are all the other things I have been wrong about?" Well, ladies and gentlemen, he couldn't come up with a single one. Eventually he mumbled something like "Well, the movements you guys teach are correct, it's just how you came up with them that is wrong. You draw lines on video and say it's gospel". hmmmm...

That was exactly what happened in a pm exchange on Facebook last year, so, needless to say, I wasn't surprised:

finney annotated.PNG

At least Jeff Mann will make up straw men to attack, not go around claiming I'm wrong then come up empty-handed when challenged. That guy will make up something I never said, then attack it for a week. What kind of personality disorder is that? Yikes.

Jeff

I think he meant micro moves. Anyway it's easy to say the explanations are way off and wrong but has anyone seen manzella or finney actually list how to perform these moves in a golf swing. I haven't but i may have missed it.

What scientist is telling players how to swing the club? Interpretation of science isn't science unless the interpretation itself is subject to the scientific method. Most of the science just deals in bits and pieces with no unified whole. People just want to live in a scientific world that doesn't always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by John Thomas View Post
    I think he meant micro moves. Anyway it's easy to say the explanations are way off and wrong but has anyone seen manzella or finney actually list how to perform these moves in a golf swing. I haven't but i may have missed it.

Real easy if you never say how the explanations are way off or wrong...

This guy is too much. Brian texted me the other day and mentioned that there was one thing that Finney, Andy Plummer and I have in common: our dislike for TPI, although, in my case, perhaps not as off-the-wall as Finney's. I asked Brian what Finney didn't like about TPI, and mentioned that Tom House, a member of the TPI "fitness" advisory board and a TPI certification instructor ("Get Certified or Get Left Behind"!) was not only the "Father of Modern Pitching Mechanics" but also the "Father of the Tommy John Surgery Epidemic" and that I understood House bases his views about the "correct" use of the spine on the work of Dr. Stuart McGill, who Finney knows and is is a fan of.

Brian said he didn't know who McGill was and was "not interested", but I guess he passed along my comments to Finney. So who do you think Finney is trumpeting now? You guessed it, TPI's Dr. Tom House, who has a bachelor's degree in management, a master's degree in marketing and a master's and a PhD is in psychology, nothing at all to do with kinsieology, biomechanics, conditioning, strength training, injury prevention or anything at all relevant to fitness or coaching pitching mechanics.

house.PNG

You can't make this stuff up...

Jeff

Lloyd Higley Guest
    He just says the opposite of whatever you say, like I said he is a non entity in golf instruction and life....

I've never been a fan of TPI either and I have written a few blog posts in the past that were critical of TPI.

But, it still doesn't mean that using puffery and basic advertising taglines is something to have a conniption over, then insulting forum members that are TPI certified or work for TPI. And of course, there's no reason to bring Jeff's name up in the thread, repeatedly, either.

That's what you get when Finney is allowed to post in your forum...the rest of the members make a figuratively collective groan because they just don't feel the need to deal with his behavior or read his psycho ramblings.

It's funny because when my forum was very active and I had to unfortunately boot some people off, EVERY SINGLE TIME I booted a particular person usually a handful of members that vehemently argued and fought with that banned member would PM me and say to the effect 'I know we had our differences and I don't really like the person, but I don't think he should be banned.'

I'm telling you, this happened EVERY SINGLE TIME with EVERY SINGLE BANNED member. Even with Jeff Mann, Footwedge, etc.

The only person this never happened to was when I banned Finney. I received PM's stating that it was 'about time'. But nobody wanted him around anymore.

3JACK

Update from Finney

Pelvis deceleration

The only reason you got this totally wrong is because of your obsession with video. Not high speed, multi angle, calibrated, lab setting video - but 30 frame per second, blurry ass video. You insisted through the use of "belt loop technology" that elite strikers of the ball somehow "superpositioned" their various body segments' angular speeds to peak at impact. You SWORE this was the case - over and over, post after post, line drawing after line drawing, word dump after word dump. But you were wrong. You have tacitly admitted your error, but have never said the words "I was wrong" because of your Fonzi complex - which is one of your many mental issues.

Club face stability post impact

Again, your hope that video (even casio video) can be used to prove that a series of micro moves can somehow stabilize the club face before, during, and after impact was highlighted by your repeated posting of a still of Alvaro Quiors "showing" how stable and square his driver club face was after impact. But what you seemed to disregard (as you always seem to do) is the fact that the club had just recently experienced a very violent collision with the golf ball which would call into question any "face stabilization" fantasies you may have had. The golfer has no control of the face twisting post impact as the collision's magnitude and the distance to the hands is unmanageable by even the best "micro move" producer. Your insistence that the Quiros picture showed anything about your beloved "micro moves" once again showed your inability to reason critically - a trait that has been your undoing so many times.

Spinal Engine terms and definitions

You spent about three years on this beauty. I will paraphrase, which you hate: "The Spinal Engine is the primary factor in ensuring a fully realized pelvis and torso angular speed during the swing. Without it, you are not reaching your potential like the elite strikers of the ball". You and Kelvin would draw crooked lines on video stills showing where the spine was located and its orientation during the swing. These lines, mind you were drawn on 30 frame per second video (sometimes casio) right on top the clothes the golfer was wearing. These lines, in your mind, surely showed how "lordosis combined with side bend" produced a counter rotation to supercharge the golfers rotational speed - and that it was the "primary" factor - as in MAIN factor for the golfer's power generation. Well, two years went by and you came to the realization that Serge Gracovetsky didn't mean "primary" in the MAIN sense, but "primary" in the IT COMES FIRST sense. You have quietly mentioned this incongruity in the last several months hoping that no one would notice your huge misinterpretation of a major theory you and Kelvin were pushing for years. Well, guess what, because of the human waste product that your are, I paid attention because you never seem to let things go and admit your mistakes. You just ask for more ridicule - so I am giving it.

Jeff Martin's Experts

Here's another thing you've gotten wrong - over and over again. You seem to pick your "experts" based on the fact that they are NOT EXPERTS in the area which they post about. I really don't understand the rationale, but it's uncanny that you have yet to talk in any detail with a PhD in Biomechanics about......wait for it.......BIOMECHANICS. Everyone you buy into is a one off or two off or five off expert on the material. Names like Doug Marsh, Atanau Muhjerkee, Max Prokopy, and (for a short time) Tapio Santala come to mind as people you have lauded as "experts" who have backed up your uncanny qualitative observations. When one of your "theories' is challenged by an actual PhD in Biomechanics - you do something very predictable - you trash the entire field of BIOMECHANICS - and even post pictures of these real experts with their young daughters and make disparaging comments. All because they aren't buying into to your "line of reasoning".You're a despicable person for doing that, Jeff Martin.

These are just four things off the top of my head. There's really so much more, but I try to forget everything they observe because I can't get the image of the screen protractor that Kelvin uses out of my mind. If there is one symbol for why there is so much bad, "seems as if" information in the golf world, it would be that frigging protractor. Please put it away for good - in honor of Doug Marsh.

Just want to pass some "hello's" on to the golf swing observational mafia - Rich Hunt, Lloyd Higley, Lucas Wald, Clayton Davidson and all their aliases. I know you read every word I write because you can't resist responding.Keep associating with that lunatic, Jeff Martin of Cypress Associates in Mahnhattan - your careers should be taking off in 3-2-1....

Looks like Ray Vandal is back as Ray J on Manzabigtits site.

Finney talking about people using aliases. Holy kettle calling the pot black. He had so many aliases on my forum that you create a Northeastern township with its own bylaws and tax codes..

Just more incoherent ramblings from a madman who still gets what Kelvin teaches wrong and still can't answer simple questions we've asked over the years. And case studies? Well, you have to have students first and not be working at a 9-hole course with delusional misgivings that Papa John will back you with $1 million in order to have case studies.

3JACK

Lloyd Higley Guest
    I have you blocked on Facebook, so no Mike I don't read every word you post, as a matter of fact I am going to stop reading this silly thread. I haven't been to Brians site in well over a year. I have no problem with Brian, he is one of thousands of instructors I know. I personally have had many conversations with Dr. Duffy privately and on phone, have talked to Sasho MacKenzie in pms, talked with Dr. Cheetham, exchanged many emails with Serge Gracovetsky, and consider Chris Como a friend and have text, talked to on phone and in person MANY times. I have a ton of respect for each of them. I have also visited with many instructors while I spend winters in Florida, observed the way they teach, picked their brains and consider each of them friends.Not one has said anything to me about Jeff other than they all hate the way YOU and HIM do things. Trust me Mike you are not very well respected either.
    Each of these instructors have seen me teach and they know I use some of this and some of that depending on what the person in front of me needs. If you think my association with any particular person has hurt me with anyone (other than you ) you are sadly mistaken. I have plenty of conversations with lots of them all the time privately. As far as my "career taking off " I am a very good instructor, my lesson book starting from mid April till end of October is pretty much full. I got that NOT from Facebook, NOT from Jeffs site, NOT from posting at The Sandtrap, or any other internet chat group. I got that from being good at what I do and caring about my clients. Most of my students come from word of mouth and my own marketing efforts. So NO Mike being associated with Lucas, Kelvin, Jeff, Clayton, or Richie has not hurt my career and never will.
    If some people refuse to talk to me because of it well so be it. I have never said a disrespectful thing to any instructor, I have constantly praised their work when they post before and afters, and have asked questions and comments in professional manner. I don't bait them with questions or act like I know more than they do
    As I have stated many times I disagree with the personal attacks that both YOU and Jeff have said and done. I have talked to Jeff many times about keeping it professional and personal name calling is something I will not participate in, other then when directed at me, which you have done numerous times with private messages calling me a "piece of shit" , an asshole mother fucker, etc. There are other instructors who have gotten the same type of PMs from you.
    So basically I told you this to your face at the Tweet out, I honesty could care less what you think or say, and truly think you need professional help. Taking ANY time responding to or commenting on your thoughts, words, or life is to me a complete and utter waste of time. I think you need to move on and do your thing, enjoy it and stop worrying about what Jeff does or says.

Quote Originally Posted by John Thomas View Post
    Looks like Ray Vandal is back as Ray J on Manzabigtits site.
    Yeah, he's been kissing Manzella's ass over at GolfWRX (florida77), so I guess they let him back in. Wasn't that long ago that he was shredding the "out-toss" and "go normal" here and at Richie's. He was hilarious. Since I booted him from here, I'm the target of his rage. Jeff Mann, Finney and Ray (aka footwedge) need a fourth. Tapio?

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Richie Hunt View Post
    Finney talking about people using aliases. Holy kettle calling the pot black. He had so many aliases on my forum that you create a Northeastern township with its own bylaws and tax codes..

Just more incoherent ramblings from a madman who still gets what Kelvin teaches wrong and still can't answer simple questions we've asked over the years. And case studies? Well, you have to have students first and not be working at a 9-hole course with delusional misgivings that Papa John will back you with $1 million in order to have case studies.

3JACK
    Just as I said, he is indifferent to the truth, will say anything and doesn't care being caught lying. He must image his audience has some kind of collective "reset" button that erases their memories and will believe him the next time he repeats his lies or hypocrisy.

This "alias" claim is part of a psychosis where he, and others in his group, refuse to accept that anybody other than me doesn't think they are wonderful. It can't be that others clearly see them for what they are, or respect what I have to say, it must be jeffy hiding behind "aliases". Good grief. Everyone who posts here regularly posts under their actual name now, and when an occasional poster posts under a screen name, I pm them and ask to change their screen name to their actual name or to not post. Everyone has complied so far, except nmgolfer, so he is on moderation and can't post.

As Lloyd has said many times, any time spent thinking or posting about Finney is a genuine waste of time. Same is true for Jeff Mann and footwedge. But, sometimes it feels good to vent. Nobody's perfect.

Jeff