Thread: Bending + separating the left arm from the chest?

Bending + separating the left arm from the chest?

Has anyone had a "Eureka! moment" trying to bend the left arm, internally rotate the left shoulder and separate the left arm from your chest at impact?

I think I've tried it before and shots went very far right......

Are there any articles that might help other than this one? http://kelvinmiyahira.com/articles/1...e-style-part-1

Here's a recent video on this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifNTkMEjbBA

As far as separation of the left arm goes, you may be looking at it the wrong way. Is it the left arm separating from the chest, or should you think about it as the chest separating from the left arm as it rotates open? It helps me to think about it the second way. Keeping your arms in front of you, and avoiding early extension of the hips also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Martin View Post
    As far as separation of the left arm goes, you may be looking at it the wrong way. Is it the left arm separating from the chest, or should you think about it as the chest separating from the left arm as it rotates open? It helps me to think about it the second way. Keeping your arms in front of you, and avoiding early extension of the hips also helps.
    Bill Martin, that is an awesome, awesome, awesome insight, thank you very much!

Yesterday, I went to the course for the first time in three months (due to plantar fasciitis). To be honest, none of the stuff I described above worked.

What did work was (1) push my weight away from the target, (2) lower my head with the "marching move" and, most importantly, (3) rotate my hips and chest as hard as humanly possible in the downswing.

Interestingly, the #3 thought of body rotation seemed to be more effective than thinking of getting my divots to point left (which I've often used in the past)......