Thread: 2011 NJ Open at Hollywood Golf Club, Deal, NJ

2011 NJ Open at Hollywood Golf Club, Deal, NJ

A total of seven players from my club, Black Oak Golf Club, qualified for this year's New Jersey Open that was held at the beautifully renovated Hollywood Golf Club in Deal, NJ, on the Jersey shore. To me, the course looked like it could host a major championship. We had beautiful weather the first round where I got a few good pics (sadly, most were a bit underexposed).

Black Oak head pro David Glenz with cigar:

Waiting on 18th:

Black Oak assistant Jesse Smith blasts one on the 444 yard 18th; his second shot was just 60 yards! His boss Glenz (above in the 18th fairway) used a 6 iron for his second (and hit a very nice shot)!

Black Oak assistant Peter Chang and caddie line it up on the 16th:

Top of the backswing on 17:

Peter's a VERY good bunker player:

Black Oak assistant Frank Cossio approaches the green on the par 3 fourth:

Nice shot, Frank!

Black Oak assistant Andy Buege tees off on the 5th:

Jeff

I have the MGA callendar hangin' in my workshop... their tournament schedule covers some amazing locations.

Not yet being independently wealthy, nor associated with any members of these courses, I figure the only way I'm going to play on them is to drop my HC low enough to qualify for entry... first step: 5 hc and the IKE.

Still a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloran View Post
    I have the MGA callendar hangin' in my workshop... their tournament schedule covers some amazing locations.

Not yet being independently wealthy, nor associated with any members of these courses, I figure the only way I'm going to play on them is to drop my HC low enough to qualify for entry... first step: 5 hc and the IKE.

Still a long way to go.

Truth be told, some of these places are dying for members (and revenues!) and are probably more than happy to collect the greens fee from a "prospective" member. After I visited Hollywood, I called to ask about membership to see if they had something cheap for a non-resident. Sadly, living in Manhattan didn't qualify as "non-resident", but they had a great deal on regular membership. If you called and said you were interested in joining, I bet they'd let you play there in a nano-second. Might even send a car for you.

BTW, get out and play, take an Aimpoint clinic and get a set of Edel wedges! I've seen your swing: you can play at scratch with what I saw. Get off these forums and get to work on SCORING!!!

Jeff