Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: jeffy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Martin View Post
    Did a lot of work today trying to mimic Hogan's "secret". I got consistently good results when I pronated the left forearm and cupped the left wrist at the top of the backswing, then moved to a "bowed" position during the downswing.

Driver:

Gap wedge:

Impact was very stable if I was able to supinate early; a deep cup in the left wrist at the top seemed to set that up:

Attachment 670

Attachment 671

Jeff

Jeff. Looking Better!! hey, can u post some at 210 or 300 fps?

Golf will have to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Jeff. Looking Better!! hey, can u post some at 210 or 300 fps?

Sure. Next week. My younger son, Nick, is playing in a rugby tournament at Princeton this weekend, so I won't get out again until sometime next week. Beat Brown today, play Dartmouth for the championship tomorrow! Nick's a freshman, plays wing, made some great tackles and scored his first try (an accomplishment they call a "zulu").

Here he is ready for action:

Name:  Ready for action.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  760.3 KB

Making a tackle:

Name:  Tackle.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  847.0 KB

During a lull:

Name:  lull in the action.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  789.4 KB

Playing defense:

Name:  Brown game.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  813.9 KB

They build these pyramids on the in-bounds:

Name:  In bound.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  705.1 KB

A scrum in mid-field (Nick doesn't get involved in those!!!):

Name:  Scrum.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  869.0 KB

Nick in the middle of the action (that's the ref behind him in the grey shirt):

Name:  Middle of things.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  947.0 KB

Go Tigers!!!

Jeff

Managed to get to the course after all...

As requested, a 300fps video. An 8 iron. Started to lift the arms higher in the backswing which allows them to get in front of the body easier on the downswing. Impact and ball flight were great on this one.

Jeff

Totally off topic but out of nowhere my nephew got into playing club rugby here in Phx. He decided not to play basketball anymore and being a skinny WR/DB he wanted to do something in the off season and I guess he likes the physicality and speed of rugby, and he is very fast which has advantages, I guess.

Hope it helps his regular football because I think he could get a small school scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Martin View Post
    As requested, a 300fps video. An 8 iron. Started to lift the arms higher in the backswing which allows them to get in front of the body easier on the downswing. Impact and ball flight were great on this one.

Jeff
    Jeff,

It looks like you are making a really keeping as big an arc from P1 to say P3 as possible with your arms, is this intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by gmbtempe View Post
    Jeff,

It looks like you are making a really keeping as big an arc from P1 to say P3 as possible with your arms, is this intentional?

Yep. I remember Dana Dalhlquist and Mike McNary teaching me to attach the upper arm to the chest at P1, and that worked real good, too, but I like this better. More Bubba!

Jeff

Didn't like how much lateral movement I had in my driver swings, so I started to work on pulling the thighs together (dual hip adduction). I found this was easier said then done, so started to introduce a "squat" to set up the "snap" of the thighs together (as I had been doing late last season). Started to click. Here are the last three swings I videoed this evening (a little quick with the "squat" in the third one):

Jeff

Working today on getting the right elbow "Bubba high" in the backswing. Feels unusual, no doubt, but smashed it. Really liked the stretch it created in my upper back.

Jeff

Back to the squat...

Focused on the squat today, something I never really spent much time on with the irons. That was a mistake because I stall like crazy with the irons. And stall = flip.

Started to click. This video shows my last 9-iron followed by the next swing, which was with a driver. Both keepers. One interesting feel was twisting the right thigh/leg counter-clockwise (internal rotation) in the downswing: seemed to really speed up the hips without a big lateral slide. Looking forward to doing more work on that tomorrow, if the weather cooperates! It's been more like March than late April the past few days.

Jeff

9-iron:

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-04-28 at 7.43.26 PM.png
Views: 587
Size:  922.3 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-04-28 at 7.44.12 PM.png
Views: 584
Size:  912.2 KB

Still needs work, but headed in the right direction, I think. MUCH less lateral slide.

Driver:

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-04-28 at 7.40.44 PM.png
Views: 567
Size:  898.8 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-04-28 at 7.38.43 PM.png
Views: 582
Size:  902.7 KB

Better rotation, better right elbow, better impact.

Jeff

hmmmm... Could use a litte more lateral bend, too, I guess.

Jeff

Compared to March 17, much better lower body rotation, as well as more stable post-impact: not as "saggy" looking, from firing the hip adductors and glutes:

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-04-28 at 8.04.11 PM.png
Views: 570
Size:  776.0 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-04-28 at 8.04.55 PM.png
Views: 562
Size:  778.8 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-04-28 at 8.05.34 PM.png
Views: 559
Size:  777.6 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-04-28 at 8.06.53 PM.png
Views: 557
Size:  807.5 KB

Jeff

More on the squat, left hip ER and extending the hips and glutes

Liked where things are headed; even went out and played 18!

Jeff

Controlled pitch shots - May 5, 2012

Just using an arm swing. Strong grip and trying to keep the upper arms rotated clockwise (left shoulder internal rotation and right shoulder external rotation), to "hold" the face open.

Clubface seems pretty stable:

Jeff

Last two drivers - May 6, 2012

Last two drivers of the day. Good "spine engine"-driven feeling, although it doesn't look like I got much APT. A little too much lateral slide with the body, especially the second one: moving towards the target in transition. Gotta stop that and get the squat back.

Was using a very strong grip and trying to keep the upper arms rotated clockwise through impact (left shoulder internal rotation and right shoulder external rotation). Still a bit of a draw. I was pulling hard with the left arm, trying to get left arm abduction. That seemed to add some stability to impact.

Name:  post - impact.PNG
Views: 481
Size:  307.6 KB

Jeff