Thread: Robin Cocq

Robin Cocq

April follow up
    Still early APT but moving better during impact

September update

STILL !!!!!!!!! APT starting to get annoying...and rolling release not already solved
    but if i compare ballstriking from 1st video and this one...25 yards longer with driver and about one iron and a half longer especially with long irons
    Last edited by Robin Cocq; November 28th, 2012 at 02:54 PM.

left wrist position is better at the top but hip moves didn't change much and the release hasn't changed yet
    very aggressive rotation early throwing things off
    misconception issue probably, it's not conscious cause i've been doing this for so many years, but maybe i'm trying to increase upper/lower body separation...stupid concept for me

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post

left wrist position is better at the top but hip moves didn't change much and the release hasn't changed yet
    very aggressive rotation early throwing things off
    misconception issue probably, it's not conscious cause i've been doing this for so many years, but maybe i'm trying to increase upper/lower body separation...stupid concept for me
    HI Robin,

I think what may help you on the downswing is a SLIDE TO THE RIGHT then followed by a rotation clockwise.
    Please see attached video.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    April follow up
    Still early APT but moving better during impact
    Hi, I have been following Kelvins articles for a while, but I've never seen this particular clip before. I'm plagued with exactly same problem, a sagging of the left side on my backswing. I have been trying to eliminate it for a year now through trial and error but never realized that the dropping of my upper body would exaggerate it. Now I think about it it's pretty obvious.

I've tried moving my upper body off the ball more, sliding a stick along my belt loops and concentrating on keeping the left side higher and various other tricks. However, Kelvins advice from this clip seems so much more logical. I'll be following Robins progress intently.

Great site btw.

Here's a video of my sag at it's worst,

and a recent vid;

(don't mean to hijack, just trying to show similarities and hopefully get it sorted)

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tang View Post
    HI Robin,
    I think what may help you on the downswing is a SLIDE TO THE RIGHT then followed by a rotation clockwise.
    Please see attached video.
    Hi Justin,

I just tried a few swings in the garden by "sliding to the right", my god, double the rotation. I never, ever, would have thought that that was the correct feeling but the mirror in the garden doesn't lie. Thanks, off to the range I go

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Hi Justin,

I just tried a few swings in the garden by "sliding to the right", my god, double the rotation. I never, ever, would have thought that that was the correct feeling but the mirror in the garden doesn't lie. Thanks, off to the range I go

Miles
    Good to hear that...remember to post up videos of the after!