Thread: Lydia Ko - a woman's swing I like

Lydia Ko - a woman's swing I like

Kudos to 15-year old Lydia Ko taking the Canadian Women's Open in commanding fashion. No stall flip in that swing.

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-08-26 at 9.48.05 PM.png
Views: 22726
Size:  742.6 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-08-26 at 9.48.42 PM.png
Views: 13876
Size:  758.4 KB

Jeff

She has made improvements, she used to underflip (can't see clearly but might still be some there?). Also, much stronger left leg adduction through impact. Whatever she does, it is still one hell of an achievement for a 15 year old!

Quote Originally Posted by andrevs View Post
    She has made improvements, she used to underflip (can't see clearly but might still be some there?). Also, much stronger left leg adduction through impact. Whatever she does, it is still one hell of an achievement for a 15 year old!
    They had some good high-speed video during the telecast and it looked to me like she was getting the face shut early and drive/holding. Her shots down the stretch were very impressive.

Jeff

Watching the highlights of Lydia's win, I just noticed that her shoulders are very very vertical through impact.

Lloyd Higley Guest
    Oh to be young....wouldn't more lateral bend create more vertical shoulders at impact ?

The new (old) Yani Tseng!

Lydia needs to start working with Gary Gilchrist!!!

Coming from New Zealand I am watching her with interest, and I am terrified of what they might do to her swing. She has a great swing and I hope it doesn't get messed with! She shot 10 under yesterday in AUSTRALIA!!

Quote Originally Posted by andrevs View Post
    Coming from New Zealand I am watching her with interest, and I am terrified of what they might do to her swing. She has a great swing and I hope it doesn't get messed with! She shot 10 under yesterday in AUSTRALIA!!
    Andre,

What's the deal with her wanting to go to Stanford and follow in the footsteps of her "favorite golfer".......Michelle Wie?

K

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    Andre,

What's the deal with her wanting to go to Stanford and follow in the footsteps of her "favorite golfer".......Michelle Wie?

K
    I'm really worried about the advice she is getting!! Her coach says if she turns pro she will lose the funding she is getting (about 200k to play tournaments)!! She would probably get 10 times that from endorsements if she turned pro? Or am I missing something?

On TV here yesterday they said how she would benefit from all the golf they play in college!?!? She is way too good to play college golf. Just madness!

Hope to God her "favourite golfer" tells her to stay out of the gym and away from Leads!!

An economist recently wrote something that I thought was a very good observation:

"ever notice that the media calls poor blacks that go right into pro football or basketball at age 18 “foolish”, but affluent whites who go right into the golf or tennis circuit are given a pass?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lifter View Post
    An economist recently wrote something that I thought was a very good observation:

"ever notice that the media calls poor blacks that go right into pro football or basketball at age 18 “foolish”, but affluent whites who go right into the golf or tennis circuit are given a pass?"
    Who calls a high lottery pick foolish for leaving? I think people say its foolish when they are likely to be undrafted with a year of school remaining.

I think a BIG reason why American golf is falling behind is primarliy because most these kids are basically turning pro at 13 in one way or another (being shipped of to a live at a "golf" school counts as pro to me).

Lydia yesterday at the NZ PGA pro-am
    <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151531113259083" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Lloyd Higley Guest