Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Sadlowski's hip rotation into impact

Quote Originally Posted by lia41985 View Post
    Jeff,
    I'll think more about this later, hopefully. Do you mind just linking me to the footage? Are you talking about that overhead Motion Reality view? Confused and/or tired...it's late...

Yes, this:

http://vimeo.com/54187933

I copied it with Camtasia Studio, then went frame by frame measuring the angle of the green hip line against the x-axis. Very tedious. In fact, I measured the video twice and compared the data sets for quality control.

Jeff

nmgolfer Guest
    That was quite a boxing match late last night in the land of the blind. Lia watching you get tag teamed by one eyed manzella and his sycophants was truly entertaining. Must say you took a licking and kept on ticking. Well done. Your Karl Popper authoritarian quote was particularly apropo. Of course its all been swept into the ether now and you do realize lia... your days there are now numbered don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by nmgolfer View Post
    That was quite a boxing match late last night in the land of the blind. Lia watching you get tag teamed by one eyed manzella and his sycophants was truly entertaining. Must say you took a licking and kept on ticking. Well done. Your Karl Popper authoritarian quote was particularly apropo. Of course its all been swept into the ether now and you do realize lia... your days there are now numbered don't you?
    Is lia a double agent?

nmgolfer Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jaja View Post
    Is lia a double agent?
    I suspect his a rare bird... an honest to goodness truth seeker. Seriously I haven't seen anyone stand up to one eyed like that since Jeff was given the boot.

Lloyd Higley Guest
    To be honest we all should just be truth seekers where ever it leads us..... Hope he joins Jeff and Kelvin in AZ. he could add a lot. Wish I could make it but just got a nice new deal with C.P.S. for some teaching

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To be honest we all should just be truth seekers where ever it leads us..... Hope he joins Jeff and Kelvin in AZ. he could add a lot. Wish I could make it but just got a nice new deal with C.P.S. for some teaching
    Ah, dang! We were counting on you!!!

Jeff

Lloyd Higley Guest
    LOL...sorry but I have to take advantage of this....work first, Chicago Public Schools can be a BIG deal for me ... but I really am looking forward to the information.

Lukman Ahmed Guest
    coach,
    What do you teach besides golf?

Quote Originally Posted by nmgolfer View Post
    I suspect his a rare bird... an honest to goodness truth seeker. Seriously I haven't seen anyone stand up to one eyed like that since Jeff was given the boot.
    But but but, the thread was tampered with and then closed, so it never happened....

Lloyd Higley Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lia41985 View Post
    coach,
    What do you teach besides golf?
    Majored in History, but did work in college with West Point and specialized in Military Strategy....this job though is working with the golf coaches.

Lukman Ahmed Guest
    I majored in History, too. Good luck with your job!

Lloyd Higley Guest
    Cool, we need to talk one day....I am not a bad guy no matter what they say about me ...lol

Lukman Ahmed Guest
    Nobody's perfect, sir

Can Manzella possibly be this stupid???

Sadly, yes...

See this thread:

http://www.brianmanzella.com/golfing...d-capture.html

Manzella reports the following from some new "expert source":

"...from what I have, at roughly club parallel to the ground on the downswing (delivery position), and slightly prior to that (maybe hands at shoulder high) his hips were turning about 660 degrees per second. At impact, they were turning 210 degrees per second, and one frame after impact 120 degrees per second."

Let's look at the graph of Jamie's hip rotation I created from the Motion Reality overhead Brian posted a few weeks ago:

Name:  Jamie graph.PNG
Views: 498
Size:  155.3 KB

hmmmm...

At point zero, which represents hips square, Jamie's hips are rotating in excess of 700 degrees per second looking at the raw data (the blue line), around 550 degrees per second looking at the smoothed data (the green line).

At impact (the last data point in the graph), where is the raw data (blue line)? Gee, it's at about 200 degrees per second!!!!

What the hell is wrong with this guy? Can't he even read a simple graph of data he posted? Nope... This "new information" simply confirms what he posted weeks ago, yet he doesn't even know it!!! He is completely without a clue!

The One-Eyed Manzella, king of The Land of the Blind...

Jeff

Even Finney ought to be able to get it after watching this...

This case study by Lucas of Rich Amoroso illustrates very well what the goals are. In the positions Rich got into in his old swing, he was pretty much forced into a slide/stall of the hips. Trying to rotate the hips faster with his old swing probably wouldn't do much good.

After months of hard work with Lucas, Rich now gets into position to rotate the pelvis much faster, and farther, in the downswing than before. The faster and freer hip rotation is the end result, not the starting point. Again, great work by Rich and Lucas! That's what it is all about.

Jeff