Thread: Tiger 2006 - Super Slo-Mo

Tiger 2006 - Super Slo-Mo

Is Kelvin aware of this video?

If so, why hasn't he shared it with us yet??? I could watch that left foot all day!

By the way, I found that at Justin's Asian Golf Institute Facebook page. Lots of awesome stuff there. A lot more where that came from!

http://www.facebook.com/asiangolfinstitute

Totally agree, great page that I would have never discovered it if it weren't for this forum. Justin's producing some solid looking players....https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Great find!!! Send that to Mike Breed and every commentator that gasps at Bubba's, Graeme McDowell's and Tim Clark's footwork.

That's a little more dramatic than what we saw in these video analyses that include a swing from 2002:

Jeff

Lukman Ahmed Guest
    Watch that left foot MOVE (art?)

Quote Originally Posted by lia41985 View Post
    Watch that left foot MOVE (art?)
    Dear lia,

Nice to hear from you on this site too. I actually have been involved scientifically with biomechanic folks for a few years studying the 'free body' aspects of the swing, concentrating on the ground forces AND their effects on the quality of the results in distance, dispersion AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, injury potential.

My contribution came from what I purposely call, 'page 1' of any college physics book, where it is 'truth' and one can learn how kinetic energy can be turned into potential energy. In the case of a golf swing, from about the time of impact until the club and body come to a complete stop, the body has to absorb the energies contained in the club and all the body parts in less than a second.

With the ball having taken a reasonably small amount of energy out of the swing, there remain several 'horsepower' within the swing that need to be brought to zero.

Raising the golfers body a few inches significantly converts the kinetic energy to potential energy allowing the lead foot to be raised (and rotate), finally re-delivering some of the newly created potential energy back to the left leg and foot almost vertically, COMPLETELY CHANGING THE FORCE DIRECTION AND MAGNITUDE going thru the knee joint, and reducing the injury, (or re-injury) potential in the lead knee.

Thanks for asking and calling this video to my attention.

After some of your recent posts which seemed to me to be controversial, including the responses, I look forward to more of your constructive observations as we both continue to seek 'golf truth'.

Welcome back, sincerely
    Art.

Lukman Ahmed Guest
    So Kelvin was right about that. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by lia41985 View Post
    So Kelvin was right about that. Cool.
    Dear lia,

Do not know what you mean, about Kelvin being right, but from what I have studied large movement in the lead foot is not for everyone, in fact it is the exception to address other issues.

The reason is simply that the body diminishes its ability to maintain a 'reference' system, and if the lead leg ground reaction forces vary swing to swing, accuracy is affected as documented by the standard deviation of the target error with either Trackman or Flightscope.

In fact most of the 'dispersions' calculated by launch monitors, for multiple swings, are great 'swing quality control parameters which I sure like to see addressed more often in some of these golf blog sites, NOT JUST DISTANCE.

Regards,
    Art

art, I have some homework for you...

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    Dear lia,

Do not know what you mean, about Kelvin being right, but from what I have studied large movement in the lead foot is not for everyone, in fact it is the exception to address other issues.

The reason is simply that the body diminishes its ability to maintain a 'reference' system, and if the lead leg ground reaction forces vary swing to swing, accuracy is affected as documented by the standard deviation of the target error with either Trackman or Flightscope.

In fact most of the 'dispersions' calculated by launch monitors, for multiple swings, are great 'swing quality control parameters which I sure like to see addressed more often in some of these golf blog sites, NOT JUST DISTANCE.

Regards,
    Art

art-

Sadly, your post above suggests that you have missed some of the most important elements of the philosophy of this forum.

We're talking about golf and how it is played at the elite level. The great champions of golf have, without exception, possessed power. They also have had sufficient control so power was a real asset. Let's look at the list of all-time wins on the PGA tour:

1. Sam Snead - 82
    2. Tiger Woods - 74
    3. Jack Nicklaus - 73
    4. Ben Hogan - 64
    5. Arnold Palmer - 62

Let's look at "left foot stability" of these five greats:

Snead, at his peak, 1946 British Open:

Tiger:

Nicklaus:

Hogan, 1946, when he won 13 PGA tour events:

Arnold Palmer:

"Float/rotation" of the lead leg is one of Kelvin's fundamentals he looks for when evaluating golf swings. His model has proven to be remarkable in predicting highly effective drivers and long approach players. See this thread:

http://jeffygolf.com/showthread.php?...al-probability!!!

Perhaps you can try to "replicate" my probabilities!

My guess is you don't appreciate the high value controlled power has in playing golf. If you haven't already, you should buy Richie's 2012 Pro Golf Synopsis and learn how valuable it is to playing golf for a living. See the sticky at the top of this forum for information how to purchase it.

Thanks!

Jeff

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for the time you have taken to respond to my inputs to your site.

Without question I have MISUNDERSTOOD the primary purpose of the site to more fully understand ONLY 'elite' golfers.

I, on the other hand have been driven to learn from the characteristics of the elite, but to emphasize how the 'less than elite golfer', can find a way to improve. In fact, not ever having said or written this before, I believe my highest objective is to help these golfers better and more fully 'enjoy' their experiences like "Golf in the Kingdom".

So, since it seems to me from comments on your site that my efforts are not only not appreciated, but not worth even trying, (for which I am now comfortable knowing), I will now revert to a site 'monitor'.

In concluding, I frequently find the quality and depth of Kelvin, and your efforts to be beneficial in my better understanding the many hypotheses I am studying, testing and analyzing for which I am appreciative and will continue to assess on this never ending journey seeking 'golf truth'.

Sincerely and appreciatively,
    Art
    Last edited by Art Maffei; January 21st, 2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: word left out

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    Dear Jeff,

Thanks for the time you have taken to respond to my inputs to your site.

Without question I have MISUNDERSTOOD the primary purpose of the site to more fully understand ONLY 'elite' golfers.

I, on the other hand have been driven to learn from the characteristics of the elite, but to emphasize how the 'less than elite golfer', can find a way to improve. In fact, not ever having said or written this before, I believe my highest objective is to help these golfers better and more fully 'enjoy' their experiences like "Golf in the Kingdom".

So, since it seems to me from comments on your site that my efforts are not only not appreciated, but not worth even trying, (for which I am now comfortable knowing), I will now revert to a site 'monitor'.

In concluding, I frequently find the quality and depth of Kelvin, and your efforts to be beneficial in my better understanding the many hypotheses I am studying, testing and analyzing for which I am appreciative and will continue to assess on this never ending journey seeking 'golf truth'.

Sincerely and appreciatively,
    Art

art-

So be it.

I asked you earlier if you had looked into the information produced by 4Dswing, a far more sophisticated system than Cheetham's; have you?

Jeff