Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What's wrong with this picture??

Mike Duffey Guest
    As for Dr. White, a quick google search shows that he is on the psychology and psychophysiology side, not biomechanics. Did you do the same? Did you find anything different?
    I did a literature search for him related to golf and found nothing. It seems that there is an abstract from the study that was referenced, but a different White was listed as a coauthor. The video is really not informative enough, so I can't say much more about that. It seems the study was much more about the perception of swing than the mechanics, but I really can't say.

As far as hips being too fast, I think you and I have talked through that, so I don't think we need to rehash my opinions here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Duffey View Post
    As for Dr. White, a quick google search shows that he is on the psychology and psychophysiology side, not biomechanics. Did you do the same? Did you find anything different?

I did a literature search for him related to golf and found nothing. It seems that there is an abstract from the study that was referenced, but a different White was listed as a coauthor. The video is really not informative enough, so I can't say much more about that. It seems the study was much more about the perception of swing than the mechanics, but I really can't say.

As far as hips being too fast, I think you and I have talked through that, so I don't think we need to rehash my opinions here.
    Not sure what you are talking about. What's on this page of his website?

http://www.wrightbalance.com/p/core-research

Jeff

Mike Duffey Guest
    What I found was this. The topic seemed right, since his video and bio talk about perceptions in the golf swing, but it is not the same author. I don't see that anything has been published in a peer-reviewed journal from that data collection.Name:  Abstract.PNG
Views: 218
Size:  267.8 KB