Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Questions for Duffey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Duffey View Post
    When Kelvin made it evident he did not want to discuss the topic, for whatever reason, I dropped it.

Really? That's too bad. How much time did you spend on it? Kelvin asked for the graphs on September 9th; on September 14th you said you were still working on them and on September 17th you were still posting here. Did you really spend over a week trying to prepare them and then "dropped it"?

I guess that means you haven't included graphs of hip and femur movement in any of your subsequent analyses. Is that correct? If so, that would mean all your analyses are materially incomplete. That's also too bad.

How about the movements of the shoulder and humerus, specifically internal/external rotation of the shoulder, retraction/protraction of the scapula? Do you collect and present that data?

Jeff

Mike Duffey Guest

Jeff, by quick count, that means I have answered at least 25 questions out of about 28 question in this thread alone. There are a few things slowing this down: One is I have a full time job, so my time here is somewhat limited. To give you an example of the time some of this takes, let's look at the Kvest question. For that:
    I read the post directed at me
    I watched the video twice
    I began replying, and while doing so, I reviewed parts of the video a couple times to make sure I was accurately representing what I could,
    And I completed my response.
    Given the video is a little short of 5 minutes, that single response took about 20 minutes.

Two is that there are often repeat questions (like yours above, I think I have now stated about 4 times that I am not prepared to give the full answer) and/or absolutely useless things brought up, like blatantly misquoting people or taking things way out of context.

Three is that Kelvin often asks very open questions that require extensive answers or clarification, but when asked to respond, often avoids answering and simply moves into a sideways topic.

Jeff,
    If you read back through to see when the questions were asked, you would have seen the answer to your own question.
    Our last project, which was large by our standards, resulted in delivery of 800,000 points of data. Rotation of the thigh relative to the pelvis is not something that is usually requested, so we don't include that in our standard report; To pull that up would take some time. It became evident that you and Kelvin were more interested in a personal and professional attack than having a two-way discussion. If you think that is an unwarranted impression, go ahead and read through the thread, there are others who said the same.

Jeff,
    If you read back through to see when the questions were asked, you would have seen the answer to your own question.
    Our last project, which was large by our standards, resulted in delivery of 800,000 points of data. Rotation of the thigh relative to the pelvis is not something that is usually requested, so we don't include that in our standard report; To pull that up would take some time. It became evident that you and Kelvin were more interested in a personal and professional attack than having a two-way discussion. If you think that is an unwarranted impression, go ahead and read through the thread, there are others who said the same.

Well, if that's the case, neither you nor those requesting your reports know what's important to look at. We tried to help you, but, alas...

Jeff

Mike Duffey Guest
    Jeff.
    Since you are offering to help, this might be an excellent opportunity for you to teach the unenlightened - please tell us what the relationship is and the importance.

Jeff.
    Since you are offering to help, this might be an excellent opportunity for you to teach the unenlightened - please tell us what the relationship is and the importance.

Start here:

http://www.aroundhawaii.com/lifestyl...rn-part-2.html

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Martin View Post
    Jeff.

Start here:

http://www.aroundhawaii.com/lifestyl...rn-part-2.html

Jeff

Professor Duffey-

How are you coming along on your homework? Any questions?

Jeff