Thread: Drive/Hold Swing

Drive/Hold Swing

Essentials of the Drive/Hold Swing
    December 1, 2013

http://kelvinmiyahira.com/articles/a...ive-hold-swing

I think Kelvin makes a great point in the tenth point.

"10. Hold off or rolling finish? Tiger’s drive/hold follow through shows how hard one must work to stop the clubface from rolling over. It’s far easier to just roll the arms and relax to the finish but it does not produce anywhere near the clubface stability at impact."

This is something that has helped to improve my ballstriking. Alot of people will say that the follow through doesnt matter because the ball is gone, but ive found the if i just relax and let the face roll in the finish the ball doesnt have the same consistency of flight as when I work harder and stay more engaged in the swing so the face and hands dont roll over.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorgolf View Post
    I think Kelvin makes a great point in the tenth point.

"10. Hold off or rolling finish? Tiger’s drive/hold follow through shows how hard one must work to stop the clubface from rolling over. It’s far easier to just roll the arms and relax to the finish but it does not produce anywhere near the clubface stability at impact."

This is something that has helped to improve my ballstriking. Alot of people will say that the follow through doesnt matter because the ball is gone, but ive found the if i just relax and let the face roll in the finish the ball doesnt have the same consistency of flight as when I work harder and stay more engaged in the swing so the face and hands dont roll over.
    I agree it's very important. People who say "it's too late, doesn't matter" just haven't experienced it.

Jeff

Every Golfer should read this article. (and all others by Kelvin) .